Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Peter Robinson: "Please, cease and desist!"

Book cover of Peter Robinson - Strange Affair

I mentioned the author Peter Robinson in a post a few days ago. His books have terrifically apt titles. And then I noticed a BBC report saying that the author Peter Robinson is getting fed up with being confused with the political Peter Robinson. The report explained:

More used to writing about the adventures of Detective Chief Inspector Alan Banks on the streets of the fictional town of Eastvale, Mr Robinson has been sent condolences about his wife's behaviour.

Writing on his website Mr Robinson, the pen behind the Inspector Banks novels, thanked people for the offers of sympathy, before stating the obvious.

What the BBC sensitively omitted – no doubt thinking about younger website viewers – was the first part of the author Peter Robinson’s statement on his website:

“Many thanks to all of you who have offered me your support in my time of difficulty – especially the person who said my wife was a homophobic slut who needed a good slapping around, and the other who suggested that I turn to Jesus Christ as my Saviour – but I must stress that I AM NOT Peter Robinson the politician, Norther [sic] Ireland’s First Minister.”

He went on to add:

“I would have thought InspectorBanks.com would be the first clue, as would even the most cursory glance at the site, but I guess people who send rude and insulting emails or push religion at the vulnerable were not, alas, at the front of the queue when the brains were handed out.

Please, cease and desist!”

No comments: