Friday, March 30, 2007

Lost and found: silver metal Oakley sunglasses around the Belmont Road?

A strange request for help popped into Alan in Belfast’s mailbox this week. But if the blogosphere can’t lend a helping hand. Ryan emailed …

“Last July I visited Belfast for a wedding. I stayed in the Park Avenue hotel for one night. I am 90% certain that a pair of prescription Oakley sunglasses which were a 30th birthday present from my wife were stolen from the room when we attended the wedding and afters. There is a 10% chance they were taken/left at the Gourmet Burger Bar on Belmont Road.

I made enquiries at the time but they did not show up. They are very expensive and before I have to replace them I would like to make one final attempt to locate them. The only glimmer of hope is that because they contain my prescription (which is different in each eye!) they are useless to anyone else and may just be sitting on a shelve or in a drawer gathering dust.

I would be eternally grateful if you could place a little note in your very entertaining blog. I will happily pay a £50 reward for their safe return.

They are silver metal Oakleys, with prescription lenses. Thank you very much for any help you can provide.”

So if you’ve any information, or better still you’ve found some Oakley shades, get in touch with me at the email at the top of the right hand side column and I’ll pass your details onto Ryan.

No comments: