Monday, May 29, 2006

May, Weather, Clouds with a Silver Lining

May is a special month - the first and last Mondays are Public Holiday's and I get them off.

The theory is that in May - nearly summer - we're guaranteed good weather. When I checked the weather forecast last night, it showed Belfast in bright sunshine.

In practice, I awoke this morning to the sound of heavy rain beating down on the bedroom window. Sunshine? Well, the occasional burst of light through the dark grey clouds, illuminating the drizzle.

When English colleagues complain about the Belfast weather, we often remind them that we're looking forward to the summer - when the rain will be warmer.

And every cloud has a silver lining. It's still a day off - and the rain means I won't have to cut the lawn! And if you want a live look at Belfast's precipitation, check out the Belfast City Hall webcam (when it's working).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alan, I trust everything is going well for you. The weather has been beautiful here in Dublin today. :-) I'm having a grand time despite some anti-american sentiment. It has taken me about three days to get used to Dublin, it's a beautiful city, and everybody is in a hurry. I'll be in Belfast Thursday afternoon. Cheers...